Word today is that rockets fired on Haifa by Hezbollah from Lebanon have killed eight or nine Israeli civilians and nearly hit an oil refinery and gas storage tanks. The Jerusalem Post carries the most incisive analysis of the military issues. Columnist Barry Rubin discusses meeting the missile challenge. Editor David Horovitz continues his excellent commentary on events with a column describing “the air force’s test.” Horovitz notes the key role assigned to the Air Force in Israel’s defense. He recalls his own interview from “ancient history two weeks ago” with the head of Israel’s Air Force. John linked to it at the time, but it bears a second look in light of today’s events: “I’d love to tell Israelis how we protect them, but the enemy would adapt.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell