One of the problems of being part of the minority for twelve years is that not many people pay attention to you. Then, when the spotlight finally seeks you out, you may be ill-prepared to act like part of the mainstream. Thus, Charlie Rangel, seemingly (and inexplicably) unaware of the brouhaha over John Kerry’s insulting of the troops, repeated the insult today on Fox News Sunday. You really have to see this to believe it:
Better yet, Rangel promises hearings that will prove that American soldiers are dumb, ill-educated and otherwise unemployable! I can’t wait.
Rangel is a fool, but it’s possible to get away with foolishness. It’s foolishness plus arrogance that is a deadly combination.
To discuss Rangel’s comments, go here. If you have a web site and would like to reproduce the video, just click the “Get Code” button on the video player.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell