Last week I complained that Contentions — Commentary’s new blog — had an excessive pool of talent on which to draw. Included among the Contentions contributors are magazine regulars Gabriel Schoenfeld, Terry Teachout, Joshua Muravchik and David Gelernter. Adding insult to injury, the blog then began to raid the Commentary archives, posting Weekend Reading — short stories by Saul Bellow, Bernard Malamud, Isaac Singer, Cynthia Ozick and others — drawn from Commentary’s vault.
This week the blog is featuring an exchange on Iraq between Victor Davis Hanson (round one here) and Max Boot (round one here). For a perfect glimpse of what knowledge matched with subject can add to a story, see the brief post by Williams College art history professor (and Commentary regular) Michael J. Lewis: “Mr. Wynn’s elbow.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- A Police-Involved Shooting In Omaha
- More evidence that the criminal justice system is too lenient
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
- Obama expounds the limits of Iran's anti-Semitism
- Is Hillary's Candidacy Just Another Business Deal?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell