John wasn’t the only one to discuss Harry Reid’s declaration of defeat in Iraq on the AOL blog today. In this post, I argued that (1) losing Iraq means having our enemies accomplish their major objectives in that country, (2) so far our enemies haven’t achieved them, (3) the only way they likely will achieve them is if we withdraw, (4) therefore, only Democrats like Harry Reid can inflict defeat on us, and (5) Reid’s statement (which he is now trying to walk away from) was probably an attempt to preempt critcism of Democrats if they force a withdrawal and defeat follows (if the war was already lost, then the Dems didn’t inflict the defeat).
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell