Kathryn Lopez draws attention to the New York Times photo taken in the Senate yesterday (caption: “Day laborers from the Washington area gathered in the Senate to wait for the results of the immigration cloture vote”). Kathryn asks: “Do idiots run Washington?” I believe that the distinguished gentleman looking down from the portrait is none other than the original Grand Bargaineer himself: Henry Clay. If so, the photo is a classic in more ways than one.
There’s a caption contest for the photo going on at the Forum, here.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell