Kathryn Lopez draws attention to the New York Times photo taken in the Senate yesterday (caption: “Day laborers from the Washington area gathered in the Senate to wait for the results of the immigration cloture vote”). Kathryn asks: “Do idiots run Washington?” I believe that the distinguished gentleman looking down from the portrait is none other than the original Grand Bargaineer himself: Henry Clay. If so, the photo is a classic in more ways than one.
There’s a caption contest for the photo going on at the Forum, here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's The Warmest of Them All?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell