Late last night, London police discovered a car near Piccadilly Circus that was packed with gasoline, propane and nails. An ambulance crew saw smoke coming from the vehicle, which led to the discovery. Authorities say the car bomb, which was parked outside a large night club, could have killed hundreds of people.
The photo below is of the vehicle, a Mercedes, being towed away.
UPDATE: The London Times has more on the explosives. While some information is not public, this obviously would have been a major blast.
MORE: This video report by the Wall Street Journal is from Power Line Video.
To comment on this story, go here.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell