Peter Schweizer is a research fellow at the Hoover Institution and the author most recently of Do As I Say (Not As I Do). The book is a humorous and ultimately edifying expostion of liberal hypocrisy. The Kennedy family all by itself provides substantial material for Peter’s book. For example, Schweizer discusses Ted Kennedy’s opposition to a wind power project on Nantucket Sound that would apparently impair the view from the Kennedy family compound six miles away. Not in his backyard!
Peter’s book has a serious point. Peter argues that the behavior of notable liberals conflicting with their professed beliefs shows their beliefs to be “ultimately self-defeating, self-destructive, and unworkable.” The themes at work in the book appear in Peter’s thinking about the subject of “offsets” for hypocritical environmentalists such as Al Gore. In a column for USA Today yesterday Peter proposes “offsets” for adulterers, vegans, and the obese. The column is “Offset away our guilt.” Why should environmentalists have all the fun?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- Corrections of the day [Updated With One More]
- What is to be done?
- Trump's Gettysburg Address? He's Off-Message!
- Clinton Foundation employed senior Muslim Brotherhood official
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell