I wrote about John McCain’s memoir Faith of My Fathers in “Reading John McCain” and “Reading John McCain, part 2.” One of the things I learned from the book that I had no reason to mention in those posts is that Senator McCain’s grandfather died at age 61, and that Senator McCain’s father died at age 70. I’ve been a bit surprised, as Senator McCain has put his remarkable 95-year-old mother on display during the campaign, that no one has brought up his father or grandfather.
Senator McCain is himself 71. Senator McCain’s age raises not only the question of mortality, but also the more difficult issue of age-related performance. Thomas Sowell tackles the more difficult issue in “McCain’s age.”
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell