I wrote about John McCain’s memoir Faith of My Fathers in “Reading John McCain” and “Reading John McCain, part 2.” One of the things I learned from the book that I had no reason to mention in those posts is that Senator McCain’s grandfather died at age 61, and that Senator McCain’s father died at age 70. I’ve been a bit surprised, as Senator McCain has put his remarkable 95-year-old mother on display during the campaign, that no one has brought up his father or grandfather.
Senator McCain is himself 71. Senator McCain’s age raises not only the question of mortality, but also the more difficult issue of age-related performance. Thomas Sowell tackles the more difficult issue in “McCain’s age.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Clinton security detail also considered Hillary a nasty woman
- What's Up With the Polls?
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Not rigged, thrown: Bill Campenni comments
- Clinton Foundation employed senior Muslim Brotherhood official
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell