Debbie Schlussel points out that the entire United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Michigan has recused itself from the prosecution of indicted Iraqi spy Muthanna Al- Hanooti. The Detroit News does not disclose the reason for the recusal; it states that officials would not provide it. In an email message alerting us to her post, Schlussel is not so shy: “They’re buds.” She attributes it to the office’s Muslim outreach program involving Al-Hanooti and his organization.
Sclussel is no Johnny-come-lately to the case of the office of the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan. She has decried the political correctness manifested in the recusal repeatedly in posts and columns going back at least five years.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell