In 2000 NPR’s Terry Gross conducted a terrific interview with Dion Dimucci, whose birthday we’re celebrating today. It’s an utterly engrossing interview, no pun intended, by turns funny and moving, equal parts talk and song. Listen to Dion sing “Jambalaya” and recall that when he started performing the song at age 13 he had no idea what gumbo was. Listen to Dion recall Father Joe, the neighborhood priest. The interview is also updated with good excerpts of Dion’s 2006 “Bronx in Blue” release. Check out the interview here.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell