Monica Conyers — the wife of Democratic House Judiciary Committee chairman John Conyers — pleaded guilty to a bribery conspiracy charge in federal court yesterday. Conyers took a bribe in a pay-to-play scheme for a $1.2-billion-plus Detroit sludge treatment contract won the old-fashioned way by SynagroTechnologies. Conyers took “at least $6,000″ to change her vote on the sludge contract. The price seems cheap, but according to the linked Free Press report, it represents only the tip of the sludgeberg.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell