It wouldn’t be quite right to say that 2009 was a year without a summer here in the Upper Midwest, but it came uncomfortably close. Now we have frost warnings for northeastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin. Some places in the region recorded record lows today. Gardeners are being warned to protect sensitive plants lest they freeze. In August.
To paraphrase Dr. Johnson: Jack Frost is running about freezing tomatoes. But my tomatoes shan’t be frozen; no, no, my tomatoes shall not be frozen. But we really shouldn’t have to worry about frost in August.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Slain Charlotte man had lengthy criminal record
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- There's something about Hillary's eyes
- Hillary: The Third World Has a "Right" to Move to the United States
- Under investigation [With Comment By John]
- "Basket of deplorables," David Brock edition
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell