President Obama has received high marks from Fidel Castro for his U.N. speech. Castro was impressed by Obama’s admission of past errors by the U.S. with respect to climate change issues. “It would only be fair to recognize that no other United States president would have had the courage to say what he said,” Castro gushed.
Castro is wrong. Modern Democratic presidents are quite prone to admit errors, real and imagined, committed by their predecessors. What it is that’s “courageous” about such statements remains unclear.
Still, with Obama’s foreign policy being widely panned, and playing out so poorly in key areas of the world, Obama will perhaps take comfort from the fact that one veteran practitioner, albeit from a backwater, has praised him.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- Insist on the Gosar amendment
- Ted Cruz surges in Iowa
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell