The Anne Frank House has uploaded a video that provides a fleeting glimpse of Anne Frank on July 22, 1941, roughly a year before she went into hiding with her family. The video shows Anne leaning out of the second-floor window of her Amsterdam home to see her neighbor, who is getting married.
The National Post reports that the video has become something of an internet sensation since it was uploaded this past Wednesday. “Nine seconds into the film,” the paper adds, “a 13-year-old Anne is seen leaning out of a second-floor window, smiling and looking down at the street to see the bride and groom.” How utterly, utterly sad.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Slain Charlotte man had lengthy criminal record
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Hillary: The Third World Has a "Right" to Move to the United States
- There's something about Hillary's eyes
- Under investigation [With Comment By John]
- "Basket of deplorables," David Brock edition
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell