Even though he’s not up for reelection until 2012, Ben Nelson is in trouble in Nebraska. The decent people of Nebraska aren’t amused by the thought that they are selling their birthright for the mess of pottage Nelson delivered to them. So he has taken to the airwaves to sell them the bill of goods on Obamacare that the American people have already seen through.
In an advertisement that ran during the Holiday Bowl last night — Nebraska beat Arizona 33-0 — Nelson asserted that the Senate version of Obamacare “lowers costs for families and small business, protects Medicare, finally guarantees coverage for pre-existing conditions and reduces the deficit.” He added that “it’s not run by the government.”
That’s a lot of stretchers, even for a United States Senator. James Pethokoukis exposes one of them.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell