I don’t think President Obama is dead politically, by any means, but corpses seem to be on his mind. I heard about his mispronounciation of “corpsman” on Hugh Hewitt’s show tonight–if you don’t listen to it regularly, you should. Hugh has no rival as a drive-time radio host in the evening, just as Bill Bennett has no rival in the morning.
Anyway, here is the video. It has to be seen to be believed. Anyone who spends half his day talking will misspeak, inevitably; here, though, Obama mispronounces “corpsman” twice, obviously on purpose:
What is significant about this is that “corpsman” is a military term. Obama knows little or nothing about the military; it is as though he said “col-o-nel” instead of “kernel.” There are corpsmen stationed in the White House, but, after more than a year, Obama apparently doesn’t know who they are, what they do, or how to pronounce their job.
God help Dan Quayle if he had done something as stupid as saying “corpse-man.” He never did. Will Obama be laughed out of the Presidency? The jury is out.
SCOTT adds: Herschel Smith takes the occasion to honor a Navy corpsman.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Coming Soon to a Utility Bill Near You?
- Will the Last Employee of the NY Times Please Turn Out the Lights?
- Did Ted Cruz just pave the way for confirming a wave of Obama nominees?
- Dick Cheney For President
- Conservative Muslim's opinions produce "existential worry" at University of Michigan
- Fake but accurate revisited
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell