I look for opportunities to praise President Obama, really I do, but they arise very seldom. Today, however, it’s hats off to our President. Why? On Friday, he attended the Washington Nationals-Chicago White Sox game in D.C. to see rookie phenom Stephen Strasburg pitch. (The White Sox are Obama’s favorite team, supposedly; he claims to have fond memories of “Cominskey Field.”) At some point, Nationals fans started doing the dreaded “Wave.” President Obama, to his everlasting credit, looked on disdainfully and refused to participate:
It’s nice to be able to say of a political opponent that he’s not all bad. It’s also good to see that Minnesota is not, as I had feared, the last place in the world where sports fans still do the Wave.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Cromnibus Gruber Torture Edition
- The uses and misuses of Eric Garner's death
- Risen risin'
- Prog Rock Digression for a Lazy Saturday
- Did Ted Cruz just pave the way for confirming a wave of Obama nominees?
- Conservative Muslim's opinions produce "existential worry" at University of Michigan
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell