It’s that time of year again, the end of summer, and AM 1280 the Patriot is broadcasting live from the Minnesota State Fair. Tomorrow Brian Ward and I will be on the air from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. central time. You can listen on the Patriot’s web site. It will be a guest-filled two hours. At 11:15 we will be joined by John Keenan, owner of Ye Old Mill ride. (No, I have no idea what that means, either.) At 11:45 Princess Kay of the Milky Way will be our guest; if that doesn’t impress you, you’ve probably never been to the Fair. At noon we will take a break from Fair coverage and interview Claire Berlinski, just returned from Istanbul, on her new book There Is No Alternative: Why Margaret Thatcher Matters. At 12:30, Hugh Hewitt and his producer Duane Patterson will join us for our annual Scotch egg eating contest. I’ll hazard a guess that Duane, not Hugh, will actually eat the egg.
As if that were not enough, Brian has been trying to book some Swedish clog dancers. Great radio? Who knows?
Hugh and Duane did their show from the Fair tonight, and afterward joined Scott, Loree and me for dinner at an excellent local steak house:
With luck, we might be able to obtain more compromising photos tomorrow, involving Scotch eggs, with condiments.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Dishonest CIA Director Rips Trump; Trump Should Rip Him Back [Updated]
- 300 US Jewish leaders are with you
- Power Line's Inauguration Liberal Beclowning Contest
- Trump likely to move Britain to the front of the queue
- Trump meets with Judge Pryor as rumored "short list" emerges
- Britain sticks up for Israel: Is this the Trump effect?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell