Mike Castle issued a statement tonight to the effect that he will not mount a write-in Senate campaign in opposition to Christine O’Donnell, who beat him in the Republican primary. That distinguishes him from Lisa Murkowski in the “sore loser” category.
We don’t know, of course, what Castle’s motives were. Some poll data suggest that his write-in candidacy would hurt the Democrat, Chris Coons, more than O’Donnell. It remains to be seen whether Castle will get behind his party’s nominee. For now, at least, we applaud his decision to abide by the results of the Republican primary.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell