The American Legion’s Burn Pit blog has much more on the NEH-funded conference on the Pacific War at the East-West Center of University of Hawaii. The post is by the Legion’s Mark Seavey; please check it out.
I don’t think we’ve heard the last of this matter.
CORRECTION: Although I understand that the East-West Center was originally operated by the University of Hawaii under an agreement with the State Department, it is apparently an independent institution that receives substantial funding from the United States government. See the East-West Center Web site here for more information.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell