I’m not sure whether it is his involvement with the Democrats’ PR debacle in Wisconsin, or his detachment from events in the Middle East, or the continuing weak economy, but President Obama is sliding in the polls. In Scott Rasmussen’s Approval Index, he has plummeted to -20, one of his worst showings ever:
Obama’s overall approval rating with likely voters is also deeply in the red, at 44/55. In the Gallup poll, which is not a likely voter survey, Obama is down to a 46 percent approval rating.
In the generic Congressional survey, Rasmussen now has the Republicans leading the Democrats by nine points, 46/37. That suggests that voters’ disgust with Obama and the Democrats comes more from the party’s disgraceful showing in Wisconsin and the poor economy than from Obama’s weak performance in foreign affairs.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell