I dunno. It’s been a long time, but I dimly remember something about liberals proclaiming an era of “new civility.” They were going to be super-sensitive to any rhetoric that might, via a couple of degrees of separation, be related to violence. You know: military metaphors, that kind of thing. No more talking about “attacks,” or “campaigns,” or “crosshairs” or “battlegrounds.” No. From now on, it will only be conciliatory language, like “I’ll f*** you in the ass, you faggot!” As on this video, at around 7:30.
So that’s what the Democratic Party meant by “civility”! If they had made that clear in the beginning, it would have saved a lot of trouble.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell