We have seen, over and over, how liberals are attracted to violence. Not real violence, necessarily: there, liberals tend to get the short end of the stick. But threats of violence, idle talk about violence, liberals love. Bill Jacobson has the latest from Wisconsin, where liberals yearn for someone to kill Scott Walker:
Professor Jacobson asks, reasonably: Why do these people, many of whom are professionals, feel no fear in expressing such death wishes in the open?
I think the answer is that as liberals, they assume they are immune from scrutiny. Glenn Reynolds agrees: “They’ve lived for years in a culture of impunity. But that’s changing faster than they realize.” Maybe. But I don’t think it’s changing fast enough.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell