One would think that if anything is uncivil it is a death threat. Local news outlets in Wisconsin report that a number of Republican legislators have received such threats. Democratic Party activists have gone to Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald’s house and pounded on his windows, demanding that he come out, at 6:00 in the morning. Crazed mobs have repeatedly menaced Republicans, who had to be spirited out of the state Capitol by armed state patrolmen. If this isn’t uncivil, what is?
Apparently that isn’t how the national media see it. Noel Sheppard notes that ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, NPR, the New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, and the Los Angeles Times have all ignored these multiple death threats against Republican politicians, even though they have been deemed credible by local law enforcement.
Of course, these are all Democratic Party news outlets. It is no surprise to anyone that their calls for a “new civility” were nothing but an attempt to shut up conservatives. They are perfectly content with mob rule, as long as the mob is a mob of Democrats. “New civility,” RIP. We won’t miss you.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- Simpson Tried to Deceive Congress On the Fusion GPS/Obama DOJ Connection
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell