We went to see the Cirque du Soleil production Ovo tonight. It was great fun; better, I thought, than the C du S show we saw a few years ago. C du S, if you haven’t seen it, is a unique combination of dance, gymnastics, music, costumes, color, comedy and good old circus acts. Taken together, it is like nothing on Earth. Ovo has a bug theme and is likable in part because of its sunny disposition. The music is Brazilian (I think), there is a good deal of humor, and the whole tone is cheerful.
My favorite parts are the ones that come closest to traditional circus. In Ovo, the aerialists, jugglers, tumblers etc. range from excellent to sensational.
The official trailer gives a pretty good sense of what the show is like.
Most Read on Power Line
- A Window Opens Onto the Left-Wing Conspiracy
- World Cup preview -- Brazil vs. Germany [UPDATED]
- A Message to Our Readers In Melbourne, Australia
- Barack Obama, Rick Perry, and the handshake that won't happen
- World Cup preview -- Argentina vs. Holland [UPDATED]
- Are A Few Journalists Starting to Figure It Out?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell