We are late getting to the current edition of Uncommon Knowledge with Yuri Yarim-Agaev. A distinguished young physicist in the early 1970s, Yarim-Agaev was a graduate student at the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology when he joined a dissident movement. In 1978 he joined the Moscow Helsinki Group, the dissident organization that monitored Soviet compliance with the human-rights provisions of the Helsinki Accords. Now a financial analyst in New York, he devotes a great deal of his time to insuring that the lessons of Soviet communism are not forgotten. To paraphrase Lenin, what is to be learned? Through our arrangement with the Hoover Institution, we are pleased to present Peter Robinson’s interview with Yarim-Agaev in its entirety.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell