Voters apparently have learned their lesson following the failure of President Obama’s original stimulus package. Scott Rasmussen finds that only 22% of Americans favor the latest piece of Stimulus II, which would send $35 billion to state and local governments to support their payrolls. (64% say those governments should cut spending instead.) Such budgetary assistance was the main thrust of the original stimulus bill. At this point, there evidently are not many private sector workers who believe that the public sector should be bailed out and made immune from the hard times that everyone else is experiencing.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- Simpson Tried to Deceive Congress On the Fusion GPS/Obama DOJ Connection
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell