Once again our friends at the Institute for Energy Research have issued the best smack down of Obama’s amazing energy claims. Read the link for the whole text, which isn’t long, but their three charts reprinted below tell the story: oil and gas production are indeed increasing, but on private land, and falling on federal land. Obama has nothing to do with the increase in oil and gas exploration. And as the third chart, which John posted here once before, shows, leasing activity in federal land has slowed to a crawl. That’s not all Obama’s fault, though. Environmental groups now litigate to halt or delay virtually every federal lease that comes up for bid. If Obama were serious about getting rid of counter-productive regulation, he’d support statutory changes that make these kind of purely obstructionist lawsuits harder to file.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Toxic Democrats Edition
- Kamala Harris goes silent when confronted with true sex-based oppression
- An epidemic of lawlessness
- Charles Grassley: Chuck Schumer lied about Russia investigation
- Dems Say: Stop Obsessing On Russia!
- The AP Runs Interference for Comey and Mueller [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell