Democrats and liberals always bristle when you throw the “S-word” (socialism) at them, but have a look at the table below from a new Gallup poll released today: more than half (53%) of Democrats or Democrat-leaners say they have a positive attitude toward socialism. But I think the more striking number here is the line just above it: 75 percent of Democrats have a positive image of the federal government as opposed to just 27 percent of Republicans. Democrats are the party of government indeed!
Most Read on Power Line
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Lilly Ledbetter and the lie that will not die
- The Hillary-Boeing-Russia triangle
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- Balancing Act: The Democrats' Ideology Versus Reality
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell