I don’t think there is a more partisan Democrat in Congress than New York Senator Chuck Schumer. I can’t think of a single issue on which I agree with him, and he seems to me an exceedingly unpleasant character to boot. He’s the whole package. So it’s good to have his friendly advice to Republicans on the record as we contend with the immigration-reform legislation he and his friends are trying to shove down our throats: “There will be huge pressure on Speaker Boehner not to block immigration reform because that would consign the Republican Party to minority status.” Schumer’s concern for the future of the Republican Party is touching, and I hope you all will be sure to keep it in mind as we contend with the legislation Schumer is promoting.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Toxic Democrats Edition
- Kamala Harris goes silent when confronted with true sex-based oppression
- An epidemic of lawlessness
- Dems Say: Stop Obsessing On Russia!
- Charles Grassley: Chuck Schumer lied about Russia investigation
- The AP Runs Interference for Comey and Mueller [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell