Country music star Toby Keith performs at a tribute for outgoing National Rifle Association president Charlton Heston in Orlando earlier today.
I actually met Charlton Heston a couple of years ago in London. More accurately, I didn’t quite meet him, but he held a door open for me and several of my children. I was pretty sure it was him but was too diffident to say anything, but as I walked down the street I told my kids that the man who had just greeted us warmly and held the door for us was the actor who played Ben Hur. They were deeply impressed. So was I. The next day we drove past a theater marquee that showed that he was starring locally in a play. I regret that I let the opportunity pass without telling Mr. Heston how much I appreciate his untiring efforts on behalf of freedom.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Minnesota Public Radio: Anatomy of a Smear
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Round Up the Usual Suspects Edition
- The Cost of "The Resistance": For CA, It's $12 Billion
- A significant moment in administrative law
- Is There Any Basis For Consensus In American Public Life?
- Civil War on the Left, Part 54: Campus Cannibalism
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell