The Sun is the only newspaper in England, as far as I know, that has aggressively backed Tony Blair in the BBC scandal. This morning the Sun reported on yesterday’s testimony of top intelligence official John Scarlett in the Hutton inquiry: “Spook Clears King of Spin”.
Scarlett testified that he was responsible for the Iraq dossier that was the subject of the false BBC report and that the BBC’s account was “absolutely untrue.” Scarlett said that he put the famous “45 minute” item in the dossier based on top-secret intelligence from Iraq, and that Downing Street’s input into the dossier was that it needed
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell