Robert Byrd was elected the United Senator from West Virginia in 1958 and served for 12 years as the leader of the Senate Democrats in the capacity of Majority or Minority leader, from 1977-1989. Byron York has reviewed the attention afforded by the Washington Post to Senator Byrd’s previous career as an Exalted Cyclops and Kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan. York concludes: “A review of the paper
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- A Police-Involved Shooting In Omaha
- More evidence that the criminal justice system is too lenient
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
- Obama expounds the limits of Iran's anti-Semitism
- Is Hillary's Candidacy Just Another Business Deal?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell