Robert Byrd was elected the United Senator from West Virginia in 1958 and served for 12 years as the leader of the Senate Democrats in the capacity of Majority or Minority leader, from 1977-1989. Byron York has reviewed the attention afforded by the Washington Post to Senator Byrd’s previous career as an Exalted Cyclops and Kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan. York concludes: “A review of the paper
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- 97 Percent of All Liberal Claims Are Wrong
- Earth's Climate Shows 2,000-Year Cooling Trend
- In which Keith Ellison finds me of use
- Next, let's poll the police
- The Collapse of the Democratic Party In South Dakota: What Happened?
- The Cuba appeasement and the latest detainee release -- is there a connection?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell