This afternoon, the Senate voted down an amendment to the supplemental Iraq/Afghanistan appropriations bill that would have deleted the language calling for troop withdrawal from Iraq within 120 days, and complete withdrawal by March 31, 2008. The vote was 50-48, as Ben Nelson and Chuck Hagel voted against the amendment, despite earlier votes against a timetable.
John McCain said in Florida that he had to get back to Washington, D.C., to vote against “the definite date for surrender act.” Well put.
To comment on this post, go here.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell