Exit polls indicate that Germany’s more conservative parties have scored well in today’s election, which means that Chancellor Angela Merkel should be able to form a center-right coalition with her preferred partner, the pro-business FDP. The leader of the rival Social Democratic Party called it a “bitter day for German Social Democracy.”
Once again, we see the sad spectacle of the Obama administration trying to mimic what has been worst in European politics, at the very time when Europeans are trying to break the shackles that have made their economies so much less productive than ours.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell