Exit polls indicate that Germany’s more conservative parties have scored well in today’s election, which means that Chancellor Angela Merkel should be able to form a center-right coalition with her preferred partner, the pro-business FDP. The leader of the rival Social Democratic Party called it a “bitter day for German Social Democracy.”
Once again, we see the sad spectacle of the Obama administration trying to mimic what has been worst in European politics, at the very time when Europeans are trying to break the shackles that have made their economies so much less productive than ours.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell