Happy Earth Day everyone! Yes, it’s also Lenin’s birthday, which may not be a pure coincidence, and I hear it may be some other holy day of some kind, but I’m a little vague on this.
I was going to do a couple of long posts today on the subject, but as it is Earth Day, I was away from my keyboard communing with nature most of the day. Okay, I was at the beach out in California. Though, for some reason, it was really cold. Unseasonably cold. I blame global warming–for not happening.
Anyway, I’ll put up something more useful tomorrow, but for the time being, I’ll leave this old remark from the lay-philosopher Eric Hoffer that applies perfectly to the environmental establishment: “Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.” The environmental movement entered the racket stage a long time ago.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell