I don’t think there is a more partisan Democrat in Congress than New York Senator Chuck Schumer. I can’t think of a single issue on which I agree with him, and he seems to me an exceedingly unpleasant character to boot. He’s the whole package. So it’s good to have his friendly advice to Republicans on the record as we contend with the immigration-reform legislation he and his friends are trying to shove down our throats: “There will be huge pressure on Speaker Boehner not to block immigration reform because that would consign the Republican Party to minority status.” Schumer’s concern for the future of the Republican Party is touching, and I hope you all will be sure to keep it in mind as we contend with the legislation Schumer is promoting.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell