The comically named (but humor-challenged) White House spokesperson Josh Earnest beclowned himself a few days ago with the remark that we’re in a “war of narratives” with ISIS. Actually, he may be on to something. We may well be able to defeat ISIS by unleashing English lit majors on them. One whiff of postmodern narrative jargon from a poet laureate of Bennington College might well reduce the most hardened jihadist to madness, or make 8th century cave-dwelling look pretty good after all. Meanwhile, the real narrative war is happening on the streets of Charlotte. Facts? Who needs facts? The Narrative is the important thing. Oh yeah, Hillary is still on the ballot. Somehow.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell