Charles Krauthammer’s take on one of the two recent despicable speeches by contemptible men (Al Gore’s, not Tom Daschle’s) in today’s Washington Post is a demolition job. I love this paragraph toward the end: “The New York Times reports that Gore wrote the speech ‘after consulting a fairly far-flung group of advisers that included Rob Reiner.’ Current U.S. foreign policy is the combined product of Donald Rumsfeld, Condoleezza Rice, Dick Cheney, Colin Powell, Paul Wolfowitz and the president. Meanwhile, the pretender is huddling with Meathead.”
In “Daschle’s Breakdown” John Podhoretz covers the despicable speech by the other contemptible man in his column in today’s NY Post.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell