Some years ago the main-line Christian denominations were taken over by leftists; the process is even more far gone in Europe than in America. Hence this utterly bizarre news story: “Two Top Bishops Last Night Warned Tony Blair Must Answer to God for Toppling Saddam Hussein”. Yes, that’s right. God was in Saddam’s corner all the way:
“The Bishop of Durham and the Archbishop of York blasted the war in newspaper interviews. In an astonishing grab for the moral high ground, they admitted Saddam was wicked but claimed the allies were not the right people to oust him.
“Tom Wright, Bishop of Durham, accused the PM and President George Bush
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell