…former rock star George Michael (of “Wham!” fame) is “begging pop stars to abandon plans for an anti-war charity record because he says they do not know enough about politics.” Michael says current pop celebrities like Kylie Minogue, Justin Timberlake and Pink just don’t measure up to the days when he and other pop musicians performed “Do They Know It’s Christmas” in 1984. Not to mention, of course, the protest singers of our day, like Bob Dylan and Joan Baez. I think a steady downhill trend can be discerned.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Clinton clobbers Sanders [with comment by Paul]
- Clinton among friends
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- Washington Post airbrushes Obama's mosque visit
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell